2.21.2010

My Steps to Discovery

Well a couple nights ago I went through David Mamet's filmmaking book again, only this time I typed up some notes. Now I'm going through James Scott Bell's Plot & Structure and am weaving notes from that into the notes from Mamet's book. Once this is complete, I will write it on paper not only to let these things seep into my brain, but also because my printer has no ink.

Anyways, this is all really fun and it's cool to see what goes with what. I'll use all this to analyze films as well as my own work as I'm writing and as I'm refining.

On another note, lol I knew it! Type "Robocop" in a twitter message, and Bixby Snyder will reply saying his catchphrase. How freakin' cool is that? It's way cool that's what it is! Maybe you'll have to be following him, but give it a try. I'm still totally amused by it.

Erm... so yeah, I'll keep going through books and weaving everything together as I get more books in the years to come. What I have right now though is a solid foundation for what I have to do.

It's crazy, the more I think about this, and the more I look at the various cheap funny effects I could do, the more I feel I can pull this off. Given my limited resources and whole thing of not having any actors, I really feel that I can make some crazy films. I think they'll be sorta' like B-movies, but that'll make it fun as far as effects go. Everything else will have more thought so it could be an interesting contrast.

I can so do this.

No comments: