10.01.2010

My Progress

Well, there isn't too much progress as I'm still jumping around between all these things, but decisions are being made and I'm starting things, so it's definitely progress even though it's small at this point.

Since I've still got quite a bit to learn in drawing, I've decided to do mostly rough sketches of a story I plan on turning into a comic strip. They're very rough and I'm still finding the story, but it's a fun approach as it helps get ideas out. Once I've a solid idea on the story, I'll start refining the drawings, break sections up into the various installments and turn it into the strip. I'll still need to figure out where to upload the comic, but what's more important right now is finding and drawing out the story sketches.

As for the software side on filmmaking, well although I'd love to use OpenShot, it just won't run well on my computer. The video editing on Blender is pretty stable and clean though, so I'll just have to go with that. I won't be doing 3D stuff in it just yet since I do need to start simple, but I'm thinking of using it's node system along with Gimp Animation Package for certain effects and title cards.

So even though I've got the other idea for the comic, I'll still make films. Now the music side is a little crazy 'cause I've still gotta go through this theory book, but with the very basic stuff I've learned so far, I can improvise decently. Gotta bring that book out though 'cause that's what'll really help me.

Also, man these SmodCasts are crazy. Check 'em out

No comments: